[OPLINLIST] CO-ASIS&T Program on December 6, 2005

Patricia Furney PFURNEY at columbuslibrary.org
Fri Nov 11 14:39:48 EST 2005

You Are Invited to Join Us on Tuesday, December 6, 2005
for CO-ASIS&T's Final Program This Year:

USABILITY TESTING

Featuring Mike Presse, Consulting User Interface Designer
for OCLC, Dublin, Ohio.

What have we learned from this developing science? Can we really
utilize it to better meet the needs of our customers?  Come and tour
OCLC's state-of-the-art Usability Testing lab, learn the basics of
usability testing and its importance for libraries and other
information management operations.
Presenter:
Mike Presse joined OCLC in 1985. He was a key member of the
team that established the OCLC Usability Lab in 1990, and has
managed the lab since its inception. He has conducted over
500 usability evaluations, designed user interfaces for a
number of OCLC products, and written articles in the areas
of user interface design and usability testing. Prior to joining
OCLC, Mike was a consultant to AT&T on user interface design.
He holds a B.A. in mathematics and psychology from the
University of Southern California and a Ph.D. in psychology
from The Ohio State University.

WHEN:  Tuesday, December 6, 2005
6:30 - 7:00 p.m.  Refreshments and Sign-In
7:00 - 8:00 p.m.  Usability Lab Tour, Presentation and Q & A
WHERE:  OCLC Kilgour Auditorium
*See location information and map at:
http://www.oclc.org/oclc/menu/to-airpt.htm

RSVP for this Free program with Patricia Furney at
pfurney at columbuslibrary.org, or by calling 361-3621.

Central Ohio Chapter of the American Society for
Information Science and Technology
http://www.asis.org/Chapters/coasis/coasishm.htm
American Society for Information Science and Technology
http://www.asis.org
Posted to multiple lists -- please excuse cross posting