[OPLINLIST] Postings With Attachments

James Guilford James.Guilford@westlakelibrary.org
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:55:27 -0400

Fellow Subscribers,

It would be a courtesy to list subscribers and email system managers if OPLINLIST subscribers would refrain from sending large attachments to the list. Why not have your Web site administrator upload the file to your library's Web server and just send us a link to that file with your cover email? That way only those interested in your PowerPoint presentation or Acrobat document will need to download it.

I am frankly surprised OPLINLIST allows attachments to be posted as we are always advising our users to not open attachments that arrive via email.

Anyway, please let us know about your programs and share your information but kindly do so without sending 1- and 2-megabyte files to everyone on the list!
Thank you.

James Guilford, I.T. Manager
Westlake Porter Public Library
http://www.westlakelibrary.org