[OPLINLIST] WestFest 2005

Elaine R. Willis Elaine.Willis@westlakelibrary.org
Thu, 01 Sep 2005 17:06:46 -0400

--------------070308060408010302050303

The staff of Westlake Porter Public Library invite our library
colleagues to join us for WestFest 2005, our inaugural celebration of
writers and readers. WestFest kicks off on Saturday, September 24 with
an appearance by award-winning author Richard Preston. Best known for
"The Hot Zone" (the inspiration for the motion picture "Outbreak") and
"The Demon in the Freezer," Preston has become an expert on hemhorragic
viruses (like Ebola), biological weapons, and bioterrorism. His talk
promises to be fascinating. Tickets are $5 for his lecture and book
signing, or $20 for the lecture/book signing AND a meet-the-author
reception to be held prior to the lecture. Tickets can be purchased at
WPPL, or via our website at www.westlakelibrary.org/westfest.html
<http://www.westlakelibrary.org/westfest.html>. The event will be held
at Westlake City Schools' new Performing Arts Center.

Also participating are groundbreaking Young Adult novelist M.E. Kerr and
picture book author and illustrator Kevin O'Malley. O'Malley will visit
the library and sign books starting at 4 p.m. on Friday, October 7. Kerr
will visit the library and sign books on Wednesday, October 12 at 7:30
p.m. Both booksigning events are free. The authors will also visit local
schools while they are in the area.

WestFest is sponsored by the Friends of Porter Public Library.

--
Elaine Willis
Public Relations Associate

--------------070308060408010302050303

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
The staff of Westlake Porter Public Library invite our library
colleagues to join us for WestFest 2005, our inaugural celebration of
writers and readers. WestFest kicks off on Saturday, September 24 with
an appearance by award-winning author Richard Preston. Best known for
"The Hot Zone" (the inspiration for the motion picture "Outbreak") and
"The Demon in the Freezer," Preston has become an expert on hemhorragic
viruses (like Ebola), biological weapons, and bioterrorism. His talk
promises to be fascinating. Tickets are $5 for his lecture and book
signing, or $20 for the lecture/book signing AND a meet-the-author
reception to be held prior to the lecture. Tickets can be purchased at
WPPL, or via our website at <a
 href="http://www.westlakelibrary.org/westfest.html">www.westlakelibrary.org/westfest.html</a>.
The event will be held at Westlake City Schools' new Performing Arts
Center.<br>
Also participating are groundbreaking Young Adult novelist M.E. Kerr
and picture book author and illustrator Kevin O'Malley. O'Malley will
visit the library and sign books starting at 4 p.m. on Friday, October
7. Kerr will visit the library and sign books on Wednesday, October 12
at 7:30 p.m. Both booksigning events are free. The authors will also
visit local schools while they are in the area.<br>
WestFest is sponsored by the Friends of Porter Public Library.<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.westlakelibrary.org">www.westlakelibrary.org</a></pre>

--------------070308060408010302050303--