[OPLINLIST] Cordless phones for public service?

Phil Shirley pshirley@cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:24:52 -0400 (EDT)

Do any of you use cordless phones for your public service staff?  If so,
I'd be interested to know if you have a cordless phone in the place of a
regular desk phone or in addition to a regular desk phone (would a
cordless phone be ok as a person's main phone at the reference,
children's, or circ. desk?).  I'd also be interested to hear any other
comments you might have--do you use them heavily or very little, etc.

With our new phone system we're looking into having some cordless phones
at the reference, children's, and circ. desks.  These might be multi-line
phones purchased from the phone system vendor or inexpensive,
consumer-level phones; these inexpensive phones could have programmable
buttons (for transferring and other functions) and could plug into an
analog port on the phone system, but would not have multi-channel
capabilities.  A 900 MHz digital cordless I brought from home worked
really well all over our main floor.

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Phil

Phil Shirley