[OPLINLIST] School levy question

Bill Martino martinbi@oplin.org
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:55:03 -0400

Hi,

We are a school district library and our local school district is going out
for a levy in November.  They have asked us to place pro-levy flyers at both
the Adult and Youth Services circulation desks.  My question is can we do
this or do we treat this issue like we do other political matters (i.e. no
postings on library property)?  Being basically fairly lazy I thought that I
would throw this out to the list before I actually researched the issue in
depth (on the off chance that this has come up before).  If it is something
that we should not do what is the reason so that I can forward that
information to the Superindent.

Thank you,
Bill Martino