[OPLINLIST] Books on War, Separation, Deployed Parent(s)...

Barb Scott barbarascott1956@yahoo.com
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:07:49 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1110172163-1127916469=:11360

I am beginning work with a friend who works at a local bank whose husband has been deployed to Iraq.  Although he will be coming home around the first of the year, she is putting together a support group here in town under the wings of one of the local veteran's groups.

I would like to put together a booklist of titles (and have our library purchase what we don't own already) that parents can read to children about things like war, separation, and the deployment of a parent.

I've come across several good resrouces on the 'net, but would like your reccomendations on titles that you have found useful.

You can email to either barbarascott@hotmail.com or barbarascott1956@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Barb Scott, Childrens Librarian
Bucyrus Public Library

---------------------------------
Yahoo! for Good
--0-1110172163-1127916469=:11360

<DIV>I am beginning work with a friend who works at a local bank whose husband has been deployed to Iraq.&nbsp; Although he will be coming home around the first of the year, she is putting together a support group here in town under the wings of one of the local veteran's groups.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I would like to put together a booklist of titles (and have our library purchase what we don't own already) that parents can read to children about things like war, separation, and the deployment of a parent.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've come across several good resrouces on the 'net, but would like your reccomendations on titles that you have found useful.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You can email to either <A href="mailto:barbarascott@hotmail.com">barbarascott@hotmail.com</A> or <A href="mailto:barbarascott1956@yahoo.com">barbarascott1956@yahoo.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Barb Scott, Childrens Librarian</DIV>
<DIV>Bucyrus Public Library</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Yahoo! for Good<br>

--0-1110172163-1127916469=:11360--