[OPLINLIST] FW: [cslp] PLEASE READ: Consumer health alert re: SR incentive

Ruth Metcalf RMETCALF at sloma.state.oh.us
Mon Aug 7 13:56:46 EDT 2006

TO ALL OHIO CHILDREN'S LIBRARIANS:

I received the message below from one of the states participating in
this year's summer reading program, PAWS, CLAWS, SCALES AND TALES.

I am forwarding this to you since I think it is important for you to let
your patrons know that these toys have been recalled due to incidence of
high lead content.

Hopefully, you will be able to get the word out on this to parents who
may have received the bendable toys that were part of the available
incentives through Highsmith/Upstart company.

I am sure that as a result of this recall, the National Collaborative
Summer Library Program, (CSLP), which Ohio is a part of, will take stock
of all incentives available to you for future programs.

Sincerely,

Ruth A. Metcalf
Library Consultant
State Library of Ohio
Library Development
274 East First Avenue,Suite 100
Columbus, Ohio 43201
Phone: 614-644-6910
Fax:     614-728-2788
http://winslo.state.oh.us
"The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all"