[OPLINLIST] OSSRC

Amber Siebeneck asiebeneck at ohiohistory.org
Tue Aug 8 09:31:50 EDT 2006

The Ohio Social Studies Resource Center (OSSRC) is a collaborative
effort of eleven partnering agencies, funded by a grant from the Ohio
Board of Regents, and supported in-kind by the Ohio Historical Society.
These partnering agencies include; The Harvey Goldberg Program for
Excellence in Teaching, the Ohio Association of Community Colleges, the
Center for Law Related Education, the Ohio Council on Economic
Education, the Ohio Council for the Social Studies, the Ohio Department
of Education, the Ohio Education Association, the Ohio Federation of
Teachers, and the Ohio Geographic Alliance. The OSSRC was built with the
image of created a valuable resource bank for social studies teachers in
the State of Ohio. All resources found on the OSSRC website are
peer-reviewed and connected to Ohio Social Studies content standards. In
addition we collect and identify resources for all grade bands. In short
the mission of the OSSRC is to identify and disseminate effective
instructional and professional development resources and best practices
to schools, school districts, and higher education institutions; and
foster an integrated educational research and development capacity
through a collaborative approach with Ohio's schools, school districts,
and colleges and universities involved in teacher preparation. We are a
young organization, but are moving towards accomplishing these goals. At
present, the OSSRC has over 200 lesson plans and content resources
available for teachers and students in grades 6-12, and by the end of
the 2006-2007 school year resources will be linked for grades 3-5. In
addition, the organization is working towards promoting professional
development and literacy skills identification. I would like to invite
Ohio public libraries to link our website to your systems. The OSSRC
site is located at http://www.ossrc.org <http://www.ossrc.org/> .
Please visit the site and explore the advantages it represents to Ohio
Social Studies teachers and students. As the website is continually
updated and resources added I believe you will find its value
continually intensified. If you have questions or need additional
information please contact me.

Amber Siebeneck

OSSRC Coordinator

Ohio Historical Society

asiebeneck at ohiohistory.org

614-297-2672

Amber Siebeneck

Ohio Social Studies Resource Center Coordinator

Ohio Historical Society

1982 Velma Ave.

Columbus, OH 43211

Phone # 614-297-2672