[OPLINLIST] What in the World is SWON Libraries?

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Wed Aug 23 15:18:41 EDT 2006

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*

Greetings,

After posting program announcements to this list last week, we received
several responses asking "Who or What is SWON Libraries?"  We wanted to
clutter the list with an explanation, so that you know more about us and
why we are posting for you.

The Regional Library Systems of Ohio were reorganized this summer.  In
place of the previous seven systems there will now be only four covering
the entire State of Ohio: SWON Libraries (southwest), NEO-RLS
(northeast), NORWELD (northwest), and SERLS (southeast).  You may
remember the Greater Cincinnati Library Consortium (GCLC) from previous
postings.  GCLC no longer exists.  The area that was previously served
by GCLC will now be served by a new organization SWON Libraries
(Southwest Ohio and Neighboring Libraries).

The headquarters of SWON Libraries is in Blue Ash, Ohio, which is north
of Cincinnati and easily accessible from I-275, I-75, and I-71.  While
many events are held at the headquarters location, SWON Libraries will
also be scheduling programs throughout the 17 counties in the southwest
corner of Ohio as well as the Northern Kentucky area.  Some of these
locations may end up being more convenient for you or at least an easier
drive, so please make sure to check locations as well when you are
interested in the program topic.

You can see a complete list of our upcoming programs here:
http://www.swonlibraries.org/events

One of the side benefits of the reorganization will be a closer working
relationship between the four new regional systems.  We will be planning
programs in cooperation with each other that will benefit library staff
in Ohio and surrounding states.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Anne