[OPLINLIST] Preparing Yourself and Your Staff to Handle Any Crisis in the Library - Feb 9

GCLC gclc at gclc.org
Sun Jan 15 21:30:28 EST 2006

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*

    What Should I Do?

    Preparing Yourself and Your Staff to Handle Any Crisis in the Library

http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=710

      Date

Thursday, February 9th, 2006

      Time

8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

      Location

GCLC Office

      Speaker(s)

Morning speaker will be David Takach from the Security Department of the
Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County. David will review with
us all of the crises that can occur in the library setting.

      Description

We all face crises at work. When your place of work is a public or
academic library, you have to know how to deal with every sort of crisis.

Come and join your colleagues to develop a crisis management flipchart
that you will be able to apply at your own library. During the day, we
will identify possible crises, come up with generic responses, and
produce the outline of a tipsheet or flipchart for handling crisis
situations. You will come away from this session with an actual product
you will be able to personalize and use.

      Meal

Continental Breakfast and Lunch

      Member

$35 (one voucher may be used to pay for this session)

      Friend of GCLC

$35

      Non-Member

$75

The deadline to register is Tuesday, February 7th, 2006