[OPLINLIST] CAMLS Programs and Practices in Mentoring

Terri Pasadyn tpasadyn at camls.org
Tue May 2 14:17:12 EDT 2006

Programs and Practices in Mentoring

Mentoring is a powerful tool that strengthens organizations, but there is
nothing random about using it.  Barry Sweeny, Director of the International
Mentoring Association, will offer Strategies for High Impact Mentor Programs
that libraries can implement in-house.  He will then discuss how to assess
our own potential as mentors and refine the areas in which we might still
need to improve.  Mr. Sweeny will also show us a model for assessing the
needs of our protégés and for determining appropriate mentoring responses to
protégé needs.  A panel discussion of current initiatives in libraries will
complete the day.  Join us for this innovative workshop.