[OPLINLIST] GCLC/PLCH Library Academy

GCLC gclc at gclc.org
Mon May 22 10:06:16 EDT 2006

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*Please forward this message to all interested parties.

The Greater Cincinnati Library Consortium <http://www.gclc.org/> (GCLC)
and the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
<http://www.cincinnatilibrary.org/> (PLCH) are pleased to offer Library
Academy courses to GCLC members.

Library Academy classes allow GCLC members to attend PLCH workshops
offered through the Training Department of PLCH.  These classes will be
offered at branches of the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton
County and GCLC members may register through the GCLC website.

The course offerings for 2006 are divided into two tracks:

Communication & Reference Track:
These classes target public service employees and support staff who want
to improve their communication, customer service, and reference skills.
Classes include:
 - CARE: Caring Attitudes and Respect for Everyone
 - Conflict Resolution
 - Managing Patron Problems
 - SERVE: Serving and Working with a Diverse Population

Workplace Education Track:
These classes target employees who need health, safety, or workplace
information or employees who would like to advance their professional,
personal, and developmental goals.
Classes include:
 - Ingredients to Workplace Success
 - Interviewing Part I: Putting Your Best Foot Forward
 - Interviewing Part II: Mock Interviews
 - Running Effective Meetings: Part I and II
 - Sexual Harassment: Working with Respect
 - Time Management

More information, including class descriptions and registration
information, is available at www.gclc.org/ce