[OPLINLIST] Barberton retirement

Barbara Kirbawy kirbawba at oplin.org
Wed Aug 22 19:25:53 EDT 2007

Dear Colleagues -

The time has come for me to bid farewell to the Barberton Public Library,
where I have been employed for more than half my life!  Many wonderful
people have crossed my path in the three-plus decades that I have occupied
a chair at the reference desk and in the director's office.  Many exciting
events have been my privilege to share, and it will be very strange to be
away from all of the bustle of patron service, community involvement,
renovation of the main floor, creation of a reading garden, and - since
July 24 - recovery from a flood of storm water that washed through the BPL
ground floor.  The library staff have been terrific about all of the
changes, and will no doubt continue to adapt as my successor starts her
tenure.

Julianne Bedel, currently Manager of Children's and Outreach Services at
the Wadsworth Public Library, will take on Barberton's challenges and
privileges effective September 4.  My last day is Saturday, August 25,
when BPL welcomes the public to our annual Patron Appreciation Day.  While
we will not be able to use the ground floor, we have a number of
activities planned for noon to 5:00 PM, and hope that library folks will
join the festivities if your schedules permit.

May stable and increasing funding be part of the future, and may Ohio
libraries always meet and exceed the expectations of our patrons!

Barb

--
Barbara Kirbawy
Director