[OPLINLIST] Irish Bulldog reference question continued

Kristen Ruzicka ruzickkr at oplin.org
Wed Aug 29 10:41:50 EDT 2007

ok.
the patron was back in.  she is stating that the story is a Christian
parable about a big white bulldog given as a gift for protection.
And it's Irish (the story, not necessarily the dog)
we've looked under legends, mythology, folklore both Irish and Celtic.

does any of this ring a bell for any of you? Any tips on where to look?
This was obviously *not* a well known legend-I need an obscure Irish
legend blog or something.

help!!
thanks,
kristen