[OPLINLIST] e-mail

Poppy Girton girtonpo at oplin.org
Thu Dec 6 15:41:50 EST 2007

We do allow patrons to access their e-mail accounts.  The advantage of
e-mail like Yahoo mail is that it can be accessed from any computer,
anywhere, and we have many people who are "just passing through" who
need to stay in touch.  Frankly, e-mail is one of the least of our
problems.  For many people, e-mail is almost as archaic as writing a
letter. Spam and other assorted evils have made e-mail annoying, and
young people are more likely to use IM.  But, people need e-mail
addresses to order from Amazon, create job applications, and myriad
other things.

Good luck!

--
Poppy Girton-Head of Adult Services