[OPLINLIST] e-mail

Cynthia Maxey cmaxey at avonlake.lib.oh.us
Thu Dec 6 15:48:57 EST 2007

Absolutely. We have many patrons who use our computers as their only
access to their email accounts. In fact, we often show patrons how to
set up an account on yahoo or hotmail. Especially for our lower-income
and many of our senior patrons it is an essential service that allows
them to job search, keep in touch with family, get needed services they
otherwise could not access.

Cindy Maxey, MLIS
Librarian, Adult Services
32649 Electric Blvd.
Avon Lake Public LIbrary
Avon Lake, Ohio 44012

440.933.8128 ext. 248
440.933.5659 fax

http://www.avonlake.lib.oh.us

[I]t is of paramount importance that the means of general information be
so diffused that the largest possible number of persons should be
induced to read and understand questions going down to the very
foundations of social order...and which we, as a people, are required to
decide, and do decide, either ignorantly or wisely.
Trustees, Boston Public Library, 1852