[OPLINLIST] Khaled Hosseini's "the Kite Runner" - A Content Analysis

Timothy Phillips timothy.phillips at cpl.org
Mon Dec 10 22:05:18 EST 2007

The Kite Runner is coming to town
Hello, cyberspace colleagues:
   With the film’s impending release this Friday, the 14th, Khaled Hosseini’s juggernaut The Kite Runner will be the veritable “elephant in the room” in many libraries across the country.  Although the book initially aroused only modest, respectable enthusiasm upon its release in 2003, it was after its emergence in paperback that rave reviews buffeted it into the air.  Indeed, the turbulent interest has kept the book flying within the New York Times top twenty now for over 103 weeks.  Unlike many film adaptations of best selling books, the screen writer and director have remained doggedly faithful to the author’s vision-therein dwells the problem.
   Having read the book to prepare and conduct a book discussion, I prepared this content analysis to highlight specific talking points.   I have included it here as an attachment in case it might be of service to those whose library customers might express an interest in holding a book discussion on it.
Keep reading, and Happy Holidays!

Sincerely,

Timothy Phillips
Subject Department Librarian