[OPLINLIST] Caldecott Election: Awards Broadcast and Moderated Discussion in Blue Ash

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Wed Dec 19 15:40:21 EST 2007

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
Please forward to all interested parties.

*

  Caldecott Election: Awards Broadcast and Moderated Discussion
  <http://www.swonlibraries.org/register?a=formreg&id=1245&rate=cost4&sponsor=SouthWest%20Ohio%20and%20Neighboring%20Libraries&addattendee=Y>

For more information about this Broadcast, click here!
<http://www.ala.org/Template.cfm?Section=news&template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=169554>

      Date

Monday, January 14th, 2008

      Time

10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

      Location

SWON Libraries Office

      Speaker(s)

*Jill Burket Ragase* is the Juvenile Collection Development Librarian at
the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County. She received her
MLS in 2002 from the University of Kentucky. Before focusing on
Collection Development, Jill worked as both a children's librarian and
teen librarian throughout Greater Cincinnati.

      Description

Join area librarians for a celebration of the Caldecott Award and more!
We will watch a live Webcast of ALA's national announcement of the top
books and video for children and young adults - including the Caldecott,
King, Newbery and Printz awards. Who do you think should win? Why? Bring
your favorite stories and ideas to share!

*/PLEASE NOTE:/ The Caldecott broadcast begins at 7:30 a.m., and the
awards press release will be available at 10:30 a.m. If you would like
to watch the broadcast, you are welcome to come to the office at 7:30
a.m. to watch it.*

      Meal

Continental breakfast will be provided.

      Audience

We welcome anyone interested in the Caldecott Award and Children's
Literature

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

Free, but registration is required.

      Friend of SWON Libraries

Free, but registration is required.

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

Free, but registration is required.

      Other

Free, but registration is required.

The deadline to register is Friday, January 11th, 2008