[OPLINLIST] May I Help You? Customer and Reference Behaviors that Work - Independence, KY

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Tue Jan 2 16:37:54 EST 2007

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
Please forward this message to all interested parties.
*

  May I Help You? Customer and Reference Behaviors That Work
  <http://www.swonlibraries.org/viewevent?id=1017>

Do you have new staff that need to develop reference and customer
service skills? Experienced staff wanting a refresher? /May I Help You?
Customer and Reference Behaviors That Work/ is just the ticket.

This half day training covers the basics of conducting a successful
reference interview combined with common sense and practical customer
service behaviors. Join us for a day of training and get a "sneak peek"
at the new William E. Durr Branch Library
<http://www.kentonlibrary.org/durr/index.html> before it opens to the
public!

      Date

Monday, January 22nd, 2007

      Time

9:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon

      Location

William E. Durr Branch Library
Kenton County Public Library
1992 Walton-Nicholson Road
Independence, KY 41051

      Speaker(s)

*Jay Burton* currently is the Head of Professional Development at the
State Library of Ohio. A former elementary school teacher, Jay brings
over 20 years experience in public library settings including a small
library in Park City, Utah and currently, part-time reference librarian
at the Columbus Metropolitan Library.

      Meal

Continental breakfast will be provided

      Audience

New staff members and those wishing to refresh their customer service
and reference interview skills

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

$5 to cover costs

      Friend of SWON Libraries

$5 to cover costs

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

$5 to cover costs

      Other

$5 to cover costs

The deadline to register is Friday, January 19th, 2007