[OPLINLIST] Anyone doing innovative outreach to students/schools?

Janet Ingraham Dwyer jingraham at worthingtonlibraries.org
Mon Jan 8 11:53:40 EST 2007

Hello colleagues,

Are you or your library reaching out to your teens and tweens using Web
2.0/social networking tools or other innovative, especially
computer-based, techniques?  If you have a good story to share, I would
love to hear from you!

On behalf of the OLC Outreach & Special Services Division, I'm seeking
library staff who are reaching young people using new technologies:
blogs, RSS, podcasts, YouTube, screencasts, online book groups, etc.  If
you'd like to speak at a professional conference about your experiences
(or are willing to be convinced to do so) I particularly want you to
contact me, but I'd like to hear about your project even if you're not
available to speak.  Feel free to refer me to your innovative peers as
well.

I'm also looking for leads to schools or school districts which are
"social-networking-friendly" and have incorporated some of these new
tools into their curricula or extracurricular activities.  And,
libraries or schools which offer parent/student education about online
safety and Web 2.0/social networking.

Please email me by January 15 at jingraham at worthingtonlibraries.org.
Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
Janet

Janet Ingraham Dwyer
Outreach Services / Volunteer Coordinator
Worthington Libraries
jingraham at worthingtonlibraries.org
www.worthingtonlibraries.org