[OPLINLIST] Paid sick leave for part-time employees

huizenge@oplin.org huizenge at oplin.org
Sun Jun 24 18:09:08 EDT 2007

Hi, Mary,
All of our staff members, including pages, receive paid sick leave,
holidays (if the holiday falls on a day that the staff member normally
works)and vacation.  The sick leave and vacation is pro-rated, based upon
the hours the employee works per week. Full time employees receive 15 days
sick leave per year.  (or 3 weeks or 120 hours) The part-time employee who
works 20 hours a week receives 60 hours of sick leave per year.  I can FAX
you the page that deals with this issue in our personnel policy if you
would like.  I might add, however that we are a small library with only 3
full-time staff members.  Most of our employees are part-time.
Georgi Huizenga, Harris-Elmore Public