[OPLINLIST] "The Simpsons" writer to speak in Geauga

Deborah F O'Connor oconnode at oplin.org
Thu Oct 4 14:20:40 EDT 2007

The Geauga County Library Foundation would like to invite you to join us to
hear our Distinguished Speaker for 2007, Michael Reiss, four-time
Emmy-winning Writer/Producer for "The Simpsons."  He is an author in his own
right and is a very funny guy.  In honor of the 20th anniversary of the
program that Time Magazine has nominated as the best TV show of the century,
Reiss will discuss the anatomy of the humor in his presentation,  "Kowabunga
Dude:  Why We Can't Stop Laughing at the Simpsons."  Reiss will show clips
from the show and will share insider secrets about dealing with the censors
and guest stars.  If you're a Simpsons fan, you will not want to miss this
opportunity.  DVDs of the early shows will be available in a raffle that
evening.

The program will be held on Saturday, November 3 at the Notre Dame
Educational Center, 13000 Auburn Rd. Chardon OH 44024.  The private
reception with the author will be from 5:30 - 7:00 at a cost of $25.  This
ticket includes preferred seating.  The program itself begins at 7:30 and a
General Admission ticket costs $5.  Tickets are available from any Geauga
County Public Library or by e-mailing geaugalibraryfoundation at gmail.com .
Books will be available for autographing.