[OPLINLIST] Angry Patron Making Threats

Mark Mabelitini mabelima at oplin.org
Tue Sep 4 11:12:41 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

While I think this list is great for asking questions, I think this is one
of those questions that we should not be asking of ourselves.  Indeed, we
are all knowledgeable about a great many topics and, of course, being
great librarians we know where to find answers.  Also, I know there is
probably someone out there who has experienced this and would be happy to
relay his or her experience. However, in this case I think it would be
best to ask local law enforcement what they would have us do.  They are
the professionals when it comes to this and we should go to the source.

I get concerned when we as librarians discuss topics among ourselves and
do not necessarily consult with those outside of the library community who
may be directly involved or impacted by the topic.

Just my 2 cents...

Mark

Mark Mabelitini, Director
Tipp City Public Library
11 E. Main St.
Tipp City, Ohio 45371
(937) 667-3826 (office)
(937) 667-7968 (fax)
www.tippcitylibrary.org

"The true meaning of life is to plant trees under whose shade you do not
expect to sit." --Nelson Henderson, philanthropist