[OPLINLIST] LASSIE Planning Meeting: Library Advisory Services Supporting Interests and Entertainment

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Thu Sep 6 13:15:54 EDT 2007

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*Please forward this message to all interested parties

  LASSIE Planning Meeting: Library Advisory Services Supporting
  Interests and Entertainment
  <http://www.swonlibraries.org/register?a=formreg&id=1154&rate=cost2&sponsor=SouthWest%20Ohio%20and%20Neighboring%20Libraries&addattendee=Y>

Visit the LASSIE Website for more information!
<http://www.swonlibraries.org/lassie>

      Date

Tuesday, October 16th, 2007

      Time

1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

      Location

SWON Libraries Office

      Description

Library Advisory Services Supporting Interests and Entertainment
(LASSIE) is an interest group devoted to patron advisory services. We
discuss everything from Reader's Advisory and Music Advisory to Film
Advisory and Teen Advisory Trends! Our October meeting is devoted to
planning the events we think would be most interesting in the upcoming
year, so please join us and share your thoughts!

Topics to Discuss:
- Summarize new strategy for LASSIE.
- Pick meeting dates for 2008
- Discuss topics we'd like to learn about.
- Discuss who has contacts that might be able to be presenters.
- Discuss topics for the listserv
- Discuss how to publicize/promote the meetings and the listserv.

      Meal

Light snacks will be provided

      Audience

This meeting is open to all library staff interested in reader's
advisory work!

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

Free, but registration is required

      Friend of SWON Libraries

Free, but registration is required

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

Free, but registration is required

      Other

Free, but registration is required

The deadline to register is Monday, October 15th, 2007