[OPLINLIST] "My War: Northwest Ohioans Remember World War II"

Allan Gray agray at wcnet.org
Wed Sep 12 13:58:57 EDT 2007

The Northwest Regional Library System (NORWELD), in cooperation with six of
its member libraries, has created a new "web exhibit" about World War II
that's been excerpted from over 100 oral history interviews conducted in
the region over the past year.  "My War: Northwest Ohioans Remember World
War II" brings local perspective to a subject that is being brought to
renewed national prominence by a Ken Burns documentary, "The War."

The web exhibit covers subjects ranging from military training and combat
to communications and censorship, life in the military, and the impact of
the war on the home front.  The clips are searchable by library where the
interviews were shot as well as by subject.

The streaming video interviews can be found at
http://www.ohnarratives.org/mywar  and are best viewed over a high speed
Internet connection.

Allan Gray
Northwest Regional Library System (NORWELD)
181 1/2 S. Main St.
Bowling Green, OH 43402
419-352-8061 (phone)
419-353-8310 (fax)