[OPLINLIST] FW: [ala-ifc] FW: POPLINE - 'abortion' is now a stopword

Kent Oliver koliver at starklibrary.org
Fri Apr 4 08:40:58 EDT 2008

Folks, This is an FYI.    Another "interesting" example of some serious issues with government intervention and  the ability of librarians to perform their work effectively.
Kent

Kent Oliver, Executive Director
Stark County District Library
715 Market Ave., N., Canton, OH 44702
W: 330 458 2710 FAX: 330 455 9596
KOliver at starklibrary.org<mailto:KOliver at starklibrary.org>
"[L]ibraries in the United States can contribute to a future that values and protects freedom of speech in a world that celebrates both our similarities and our differences, respects individuals and their beliefs, and holds all persons truly equal and free."-Libraries: An American Value<http://www.ala.org/alaorg/oif/lib_val.html>

This communication is a confidential and proprietary  communication. It is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s). If this communication is received in error, please contact the sender and delete this communication.