[OPLINLIST] automated ansering service

vegama@oplin.org vegama at oplin.org
Wed Aug 6 14:21:30 EDT 2008

Hi,
   The Flesh Public Library in Piqua is looking into an automated
answering system for our phones (we answer each call with a live person
now).  Several staff members are concerned that patrons will be upset
that they do not get to speak to a live person when the phone is first
answered.  We wanted to know how many of you in small to mid-size
libraries have automated phone systems and if you have had any
complaints.

Please reply off-list and I would be more than happy to compile and post
our results.

Thank you,
Maria Vega
Flesh Library