[OPLINLIST] Kids magazines...

Barb Scott barbarascott1956 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 13:58:05 EDT 2008

Hello out there!

With our new building addition, we will be moving our children's room and I am looking to weed/spice up/do a makeover on our magazine collection.

With the price of magazine subscriptions, I'd like to make some wise choices for my money.  What kids magazines do you have that really circ? Or, should I not be worried if most of the use is in-house?

We currently  have 10 subscriptions, one of which is Family Fun and another of which is the preschool version of The Mailbox.  I do know that these two do circulate with parents and teachers.

I guess I'd like to have magazines that kids are willing to take out.  I do realize that many kids receive subscriptions at home....so is the library carrying them a thing of the past?

Please reply directly to me at barbarascott1956 at yahoo.com

Barbara Scott, Children's Librarian
Bucyrus Public Library
200 East Mansfield Street