[OPLINLIST] TS and Outreach program possibility

Don Yarman yarmando at delawarelibrary.org
Fri Aug 29 09:25:28 EDT 2008

This sounds like a really cool program, Jennifer.  As I understand it,
you're looking for libraries that have developed interesting ways of
using note fields and other cataloging-based tricks to enrich access
to your materials through the catalog.  Things like:

 * a note to help patrons find good titles for book discussion groups
 * notes to help identify titles that have a strong bibliotherapy function
 * ways to use keyword searching to generate lists of particular collections

Sort of a hard thing to describe, but I think it would be a great thing
to see at chapter conference.  Good luck finding libraries to help you
out.
--
	Don Yarman, Assistant Director
	Delaware County District Library
	yarmando at delawarelibrary.org

Currently reading "The Canon" by Natalie Angier
and "Vicious Circle" by Mike Carey.