[OPLINLIST] OPLIN CIRCUIT: Winter 2008 Issue Now Available!

Laura Watkins watkinla at oplin.org
Thu Jan 10 10:05:39 EST 2008

Please be advised that your library should be receiving copies of/ The
OPLIN Circuit/ within the next few days./  The Circuit/ is OPLIN's
quarterly newsletter designed to keep public library staff and managers
aware of recent OPLIN events and initiatives.  The Circuit can also be
found on the web (in pdf format) here
<http://oplin.org/oplin/circuit/CircuitWinter08.pdf>:
(http://oplin.org/oplin/circuit/CircuitWinter08.pdf).

Also included in this mailing are four of OPLIN's database Quickstart
guides.  With overviews and "getting started" tips, these guides have
been created to help patrons make use of the databases in the most
efficient and effective way possible.  We encourage library staff to
make copies of these items to distribute as needed to patrons who may
benefit from their instructions.  The guides contained in this mailing
include NewsBank, AccessScience, NoveList, and Literature Online.
Though your packet only contains four of the Quickstart guides, please
note that many more are available for print and distribution from the
OPLIN website <http://oplin.org/page.php?Id=62-9-239-1773&msg=> under
About OPLIN > Training > Research Databases | Tips & Training > All
Quickstart Guides.

In addition to /The Circuit/ and the Quickstart guides, we've also
included some information about INFOhio <http://www.infohio.org/>, the
information network for Ohio schools.  This information may be of
particular interest to children's librarians or library staff who
frequently interact with PreK-12 students.

We hope that you enjoy this issue of /The OPLIN Circuit/, and as always,
we welcome your feedback.

Sincerely,

--
Laura Watkins