[OPLINLIST] The State Library of Ohio signs agreement to use WorldCat Local

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney marshams at sloma.state.oh.us
Tue Jan 15 12:19:53 EST 2008

Please excuse multiple postings.

The State Library of Ohio has signed an agreement with OCLC to begin
production of WorldCat Local. WorldCat Local, a new service providing a
solution to local discovery and delivery systems, will be customized for
the State library in order to enhance its ILL and fulfillment services.
"WorldCat Local will improve our outreach and service to state
government and libraries in Ohio by bringing all of our resources to all
of our library users," said State Librarian Jo Budler. The State Library
of Ohio is the first state library in the country to begin WorldCat
Local production.  "OCLC is a worldwide leader in library technology and
is based here in Ohio.  We are delighted to be the first state library
making a commitment to OCLC's WorldCat Local." The State Library's
WorldCat Local will go live in the late spring. The current State
Library of Ohio catalog will continue to be accessible for users that
prefer that interface.

For more information about the State Library of Ohio go to:
www.library.ohio.gov <http://www.library.ohio.gov/>

For more information about WorldCat Local go to:
http://www.oclc.org/worldcatlocal/default.htm

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney

Director, Marketing and Communications

274 E. 1st Avenue

Columbus, OH 43201

Tel: 614-644-6875

www.library.ohio.gov

"The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all."