[OPLINLIST] OHIONET workshop: Fundamentals of Cataloging: Description--still seats available!

Evan Struble EvanS at ohionet.org
Fri Jan 25 09:21:23 EST 2008

Please forgive the cross-posting...

Greetings, friends!

There is still time for you or a fellow staff member to register for
OHIONET's Fundamentals of Cataloging: Description workshop! The
Fundamentals of Cataloging series covers the basics of cataloging over
the course of four sessions. In this first session, we will cover
descriptive cataloging. Learn about the principles, rules and tools for
bibliographic records that describes the material in hand. We will cover
creating entries for author, title, publication information, physical
description, series, and other aspects of a complete bibliographic
description. This is the perfect workshop for those staff members who
need a refresher course, or for those just starting out.

When: Thursday February 7th, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Where: SEO Library Center--40780 Marietta Road, Caldwell, OH 43724

Cost: $80 (members); $100 (non-members)

Lunch is not provided with this workshop. Please see the following link
for the full workshop description and to register online:
http://www.ohionet.org/training_desc.php?ID=533

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I hope to see you
there!

Sincerely,

Evan

Evan T. Struble, MLIS

Continuing Education Coordinator

OHIONET

1500 W. Lane Avenue

Columbus, OH 43221

614-486-2966 Ext. 37

800-686-8975 Ext. 37

Fax: 614-486-1527

evans at ohionet.org <mailto:evans at ohionet.org>  / Yahoo IM: evantyler

Check out OHIONET's training calendar, where new workshops are being
added all the time: http://www.ohionet.org/training_calendar.php
<http://www.ohionet.org/training_calendar.php>