[OPLINLIST] DVD sleeves query

coateca@oplin.org coateca at oplin.org
Tue Jul 8 18:49:08 EDT 2008

Hello to all!  I'm conducting an informal survey regarding those libraries
that put DVD discs in sleeves inside the plastic case.

We have terrible problems with cracks and breakage from our DVDs center
holes and are wondering if the sleeves help with that.

Questions to libraries that sleeve discs:

Do you put them in sleeves to keep at the desk?
Or are the sleeves to help guard against breakage and cracking?
Are your discs lasting longer because of the change?
How significant is staff time to check each disc that's sleeved?

We would greatly appreciate any feedback you have regarding any of the
above issues.

Thanks,
Jeanette Dohner
Milton-Union Public Library