[OPLINLIST] OHIONET workshops next week--still seats available!

Evan Struble evans at ohionet.org
Tue Mar 4 14:44:43 EST 2008

Forgive the cross-posting.

Greetings, friends!

We have two workshop offerings taking place next week-and there are a few
seats left! Take a look!

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Subject Analysis-Tiffin, OH

In this session, we will cover the theories behind the subject heading
schemes used by most academic and public libraries and analyze those
theories. Participants will learn how important subject headings are when
used for organization of and access to materials.

Click here for more information and to register:
http://www.ohionet.org/training_desc.php?ID=548

Learn From Your Co-Workers: On-the-job Training at Your Library-Columbus, OH

In this expanded workshop version of their well-received 2007 OLC session,
Connie Kuns and Gerald Schwab from the Columbus Metropolitan Library will
discuss the mechanics and value of on-the-job internal training, as well as
its advantages and disadvantages. We all know the library is filled with
educated, resourceful staff--why not harness that energy and experience to
better train newer hires?

Click here for more information and to register:
http://www.ohionet.org/training_desc.php?ID=550

As always, if you have any questions, just let me know. I hope to see you
there!

Sincerely,

Evan

Evan T. Struble, MLIS

Continuing Education Coordinator

OHIONET

1500 W. Lane Avenue

Columbus, OH 43221

614-486-2966 Ext. 37

800-686-8975 Ext. 37

Fax: 614-486-1527

 <mailto:evans at ohionet.org> evans at ohionet.org / Yahoo IM: evantyler

Check out OHIONET's training calendar, where new workshops are being added
all the time:  <http://www.ohionet.org/training_calendar.php>
http://www.ohionet.org/training_calendar.php