[OPLINLIST] Celebrate Women's History with Britannica

Laura Solomon solomola at oplin.org
Wed Mar 5 14:17:40 EST 2008

*From the offices of /Encyclopaedia/**/ Britannica/:
*
In March we celebrate Women's History Month, where Britannica highlights
300 women whose actions and ideas influenced history. Follow the
illustrated timeline to identify developments in the lives of women since
antiquity with our feature, Encyclopaedia Britannica Profiles 300 Women
Who Changed The World.

Read quotes, essays, and speeches. Enjoy biographies about Women's Rights
luminaries such as Joan of Arc, Jane Adams, Phillis Wheatley, and Sandra
Day O'Connor. Watch video clips, use the learning activities to take an
in-depth view of women's achievements, or read articles on topics such as
feminism and the history of Mother's Day.

Try it now!

www.library.eb.com/women  Public Library Edition

*Laura Solomon, MCIW, MLS*
/Library Services Manager/