[OPLINLIST] adult literacy

Carol Cobbs cobbsca at oplin.org
Tue Mar 18 09:36:39 EDT 2008

The following is the information I received from my request placed on the
list serve.  Thank you for your help.

Carol Cobbs

Columbiana Public Library

I would suggest that you contact the Ohio Literacy Resource Center at Kent
State University. Adult Literacy is what this group specializes in. Their
website

(http://literacy.kent.edu/) has some great resources for finding books that
would work for adult literacy. One of these resources is EUREKA -
http://literacy.kent.edu/eureka/  It is a searchable database of adult books
and other resources. The books are reviewed by educators and then posted to
the database. This might prove very helpful to you in adding to your adult
literacy collection.

Also, you might wish to contact Dianna Baycich, OLRC Consultant in Adult
Literacy. Her contact information is 1-800-765-2897 ext. 27841 or

dbaycich at literacy.kent.edu

New Readers Press has materials for ESL, life skills, Adult literacy and GED
materials.  The website is www.newreaderspress.com