[OPLINLIST] E-rate workshops from OPLIN

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Tue Sep 9 14:11:10 EDT 2008

OPLIN and the State Library will be hosting two workshops on E-rate
for public libraries this fall, on November 4 and December 12. At this
point we have not worked out all the details of time and place (except
that the live presenters from eTech Ohio will be at the State
Library), but I wanted to let you know about this in time for you to
get it on your calendars.

Workshop participants are generally expected to sign up for both
sessions.

The first session, on 11/4, will provide an overview of the E–Rate
process, specific requirements for the upcoming funding year and a
line–by–line review of the Form 470, the first step in the application
process. This session will probably be a day–long workshop.

The second session, on 12/12, will offer a line–by line review and
analysis of the filing of the Form 471, the actual application for
discounts on eligible services. This session will probably be a
half-day workshop.

Watch for more details about times, places, and registration
information in the near future.

Stephen

--
Stephen Hedges, Executive Director