[OPLINLIST] Libraries using thin clients for public use computers

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Fri Sep 26 14:32:12 EDT 2008

Here are some links I got from Cindy Murdock from Meadville Public
Library in PA.  They use LTSP http://ltsp.org for their thin clients and
libki for time management on them
http://kylehall.info/index.php/projects/libki-kiosk-system/

a case study about their setup:
http://www.disklessworkstations.com/web/documentation/crawford.pdf

An article she wrote for Liblime a few years ago:
http://liblime.com/newsletter/2006/01/features/thin-clients-at-the-meadville-public-library

I also found an article about thin clients on libraryjournal.com from
2006.
http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6299864.html

I am also investigating thin client use for our public machines and I
would also like information about this as well and also pros and cons of
terminal services vs citrix vs ltsp etc.

-Ed Liddle

--
-Ed Liddle

Technology Assistant