[OPLINLIST] WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!?!: An Employment Law Update 2007-2008

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Fri Apr 3 11:49:39 EDT 2009

*We are releasing many new events and workshops today, so you will
receive multiple emails. *
*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*

    WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!?!: An Employment Law Update 2007-2008

http://www.swonlibraries.org/viewevent?id=1618

      Date & Time

Thursday, May 21st, 2009

9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

      Location

Wilmington Public Library
268 N. South St.
Wilmington, OH 45177

      Speaker(s)

SCOTT WARRICK, JD, MLHR, SPHR, is a Human Resource Consultant and
Employment Law expert. He was named CEO Magazine's 2008 Human Resources
"Superstar."

Scott's academic background and awards include:

* Masters degree in Labor and Human Resources from The Ohio State University

* Capital University College of Law (Class Valedictorian (1st out of 233))

* The Human Resource Association of Central Ohio's Linda Kerns Award for
Outstanding Creativity in the Field of Human Resource Management and the
Ohio State Human Resource Council's David Prize for Creativity in Human
Resource Management

* Lifetime Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) accreditation

      Description

Join Scott Warrick, one of Ohio's most popular speakers, as he reviews
the most recent and most important employment law changes and updates in
his own unique, practical, entertaining and humorous style. Scott will
not only inform you of these important changes, but he will use his over
25 years of Human Resource Management experience to tell you how to use
this information IMMEDIATELY!

This course has been approved by the Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on
Continuing Legal Education for 5.75 total CLE hours instruction.

In order to do our best to help the economic situation in the Wilmington
area, we have arranged for lunch at the historic General Denver Hotel,
which is only a few blocks down the street from the Wilmington Public
Library. The hotel, a beautiful four-story Tudor Revival structure
unlike any other, was built in 1928 and named in honor of General James
William Denver, one of Wilmington's most adventuresome citizens. Lunch
is included in the cost of registration.

      Meal

Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.

      Audience

This workshop is open to library staff and attorneys who would like a
refresher on laws impacting employee relations.

      Registration

The deadline to register is Monday, May 18th, 2009

    * *Contributing Member of SWON Libraries*
      $60 (Includes workshop, breakfast, and lunch at the General Denver
      Hotel) **
    * *Ohio Attorney*
      $175 (Includes workshop, CLE credit, breakfast and lunch at the
      General Denver Hotel) **
      <http://www.swonlibraries.org/register?a=formreg&id=1618&rate=cost3&sponsor=SouthWest%20Ohio%20and%20Neighboring%20Libraries&addattendee=Y>
    * *Contributing Member of Partner Organization*
      $60 (Includes workshop, breakfast, and lunch at the General Denver
      Hotel) **
      <http://www.swonlibraries.org/register?a=formreg&id=1618&rate=cost2&sponsor=SouthWest%20Ohio%20and%20Neighboring%20Libraries&addattendee=Y>
    * *Other*
      $120 (Includes workshop, breakfast, and lunch at the General
      Denver Hotel) **
      <http://www.swonlibraries.org/register?a=formreg&id=1618&rate=cost4&sponsor=SouthWest%20Ohio%20and%20Neighboring%20Libraries&addattendee=Y>