[OPLINLIST] OHIONET Annual Meeting: Sarah Houghton-Jan to Provide Keynote Address!

Evan Struble evans at ohionet.org
Wed Apr 22 08:44:58 EDT 2009

Forgive the cross-posting.

Come see one of Library Journal's 2009 Movers and Shakers-Sarah
Houghton-Jan-at OHIONET's Annual Meeting!

Ms. Houghton-Jan-who has a cult-like following in the biblioblogosphere as
the Librarian in Black (http://librarianinblack.typepad.com
<http://librarianinblack.typepad.com/> )-is the keynote speaker for
OHIONET's 2009 Annual Meeting. Her speech will focus on how to best manage
sustainable technologies in the library world. Here's what she has to say:

Library customers are changing and libraries are rapidly changing in
response.  A substantial element of this change is technology, be it
hardware, software, or web services and resources.  Many of us have 2.0
services in our libraries already, or are advocating for some.  But how do
we make sure that we are making a wise investment of resources?  How do we
ensure that these services are sustainable over the long-term? Join me, as I
share my experiences with technology planning, responding to users' needs,
project planning, getting staff buy-in, and successfully launching and
evaluating new services.