[OPLINLIST] Cuts in Materials Budgets

Charlie Hansen hansench at oplin.org
Wed Aug 12 12:03:49 EDT 2009

Hello All,

In looking at making additional cuts this year, I am curious as to other
libraries' reductions in materials budgets in relation to personnel and
other areas.  I know that I have seen numbers like 70% but want to take
stock of what might be considered a "standard" reduction.  Also, any
information regarding your thinking in reducing your materials budget to the
degree that you did would be helpful.  For instance, did you have other
sources of revenue (foundations, private money, etc.) already devoted to
materials that made a more drastic reduction in this area more sensible?

Please reply off-list and thank you in advance.

Charlie Hansen, Director

Loudonville Public Library

122 E. Main St.

Loudonville, OH 44842