[OPLINLIST] Public Library Boundaries

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney marshams at sloma.state.oh.us
Thu Aug 27 12:44:42 EDT 2009

Please excuse multiple postings...

The State Library of Ohio is pleased to announce a new resource for
finding information about public library boundaries. The Library Law
<http://www.library.ohio.gov/Marketing/Libraries/LibraryLaw>  section of
the State Library's website provides details about types of public
libraries and a new page on Public Library Boundaries
<http://www.library.ohio.gov/StateLibrarian/boundaries> .  "As libraries
throughout Ohio project their revenue and expenditures some are planning
to ask their voters for funding support," said State Librarian Jo
Budler. "We have had an increase in the number of libraries contacting
us for boundary information before placing a levy on the ballot.  In
response to these inquiries, we have enhanced our website with
additional data and information."

The Library Boundaries
<http://www.library.ohio.gov/StateLibrarian/boundaries>  page provides
quick and easy access to relevant Ohio Revised Code and information
about procedures for adjusting, defining or redefining public library
Boundaries.

For more information contact Bill Morrison, Governmental Affairs
Coordinator at (614) 728-5118 or wmorris at sloma.state.oh.us