[OPLINLIST] Military Father away from home

Jay Wise wiseja at oplin.org
Wed Feb 4 16:48:03 EST 2009

Good afternoon, everyone!

In Storytime this morning, I met a mother and her three-year-old son.  Dad
is serving in the Marine Corps in Iraq, and Mom was interested in picture
books she could read to her son to help explain their situation.

I have pulled _The Impossible Patriotism Project_ (Skeers) but it is a
little older.  I have also checked the Helping Books website, but my
keywords (military, army, marines, and Iraq) haven't turned up anything at a
three-year old's level.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.  This is a new family to our
Storytime and I would like to help them as soon as I can.

Thanks in advance,

Jay
Visit the Teen MySpace Page at: www.myspace.com/crcplteens

Jay Wise
Youth Services Coordinator / Teen Librarian
Chillicothe and Ross County Public Library
Northside Branch
550 Buckeye Street
Chillicothe, OH 45601

T: (740) 702-4106