[OPLINLIST] Update on Gates broadband assessment project

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Wed Jan 7 10:34:26 EST 2009

Sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas I sent spreadsheets to
each library system with data about the library's Internet
connectivity. This was the first step in a data-gathering process for
a Gates Foundation project to assess broadband connections in US
public libraries. The second step in the process was for each library
to review the spreadsheet data and make any corrections or additions,
then email the spreadsheet to Lieberman Research Worldwide (under
contract to the Gates Foundation) at ohio at LRWsupport.com.

The LRW folks tell me that all but about 20 libraries have done this.
If you are one of the libraries that has already sent your spreadsheet
to LRW, thank you! If you are one of the libraries that have not yet
done so, please do this as soon as possible.

LRW will soon begin the process of calling libraries to clarify any
missing information or questions they have on the data they have
received. Please be sure they have your data before they start
calling. If you have misplaced your spreadsheet, just contact me and I
can send another copy.

Thanks!

Stephen

--