[OPLINLIST] State Library of Ohio launches redesigned website

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney marshams at sloma.state.oh.us
Thu Jan 29 16:17:17 EST 2009

The State Library of Ohio is pleased to announce the launch of its
redesigned website <http://www.library.ohio.gov/> . The new site
features a menu structure that makes it easier to find resources and
information, and a content management system that helps staff members
keep the site current.  In order for our customers to quickly find
resources and information relative to their interests, resources are
categorized for state employees, libraries, and residents. Librarians
will often be directed to WebJunction Ohio for information about
programs and services such as funding opportunities and summer reading
program resources.

According to State Librarian Jo Budler, "The new website reflects our
goal to provide easy access to information anytime, anywhere, and lead
in the delivery of library services for all Ohio residents."

Prior to the launch, a focus group reviewed the site and provided
valuable feedback. One participant replied, "Finally, one that is easy
to see, easy to use, logical and worded for children and adults to use,
and without all the fancy distractions that often make a website too
difficult for me to follow where to click to find something." Another
participant commented, "I especially love having the link to renewing
materials/account information right up front." Some comments provided
constructive suggestions for further improvements.  One survey
respondent summed up her experience with this comment: "I found the site
easy to use which is most important. I was able to go right to a
particular list with instant success."

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney

Marketing & Communications Director

274 E. 1st Avenue