[OPLINLIST] Health Literacy Month Oct. 1-31

Jo Budler JBUDLER at sloma.state.oh.us
Mon Jul 6 15:44:56 EDT 2009

I just received information about Health Literacy Month which is
scheduled for October 1-31.   The National Network of Medical Libraries
sent out this information and I thought you might find it useful:

Share Your Story for Health Literacy Month
<http://nnlm.gov/mcr/bhic/?p=5343>

Think of the time you first knew that health literacy mattered. This
realization may have come from an event, interaction, or experience you
had perhaps as a patient, family member, friend, student, teacher,
librarian, or health professional. Now go to the Health Literacy Month
website http://www.healthliteracymonth.org/ to find how to can share
your story through their website, email, twitter, facebook...

Are you at a community organization or library? How about helping people
you serve send their story in. Have an event at your place where you
bring people together to talk about their experiences and help them put
it in writing and photos!

Jo Budler, State Librarian

State Library of Ohio

274 East First Ave, Suite 100, Columbus, OH 43201

Phone:  614-644-6843; 800-686-1532 (Ohio only)

Fax: 614-466-3584

http://www.library.ohio.gov <blocked::http://www.library.ohio.gov/>

"The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all."