[OPLINLIST] Need Help with Levy Question

Susan Pieper susanhillpieper at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 16:59:53 EDT 2009

Hello all,
Our county auditor is offering no help regarding my questions about
additional levies or revisions of the existing levy. She continuously says
"I don't know" and has not offered to find the answer for me.

Can we revise a levy millage amount once we have passed the resolutions?
Right now we have asked for a .91 mil which would generate about 275K for
our library. But, that was before this latest budget crisis. We need at
least twice that to stay open.

Is there a procedure? Can the board just pass new resolutions asking for new
certification amounts from the auditor? Our ballot language must be to the
Board of Elections by August 20th so we have a little -- but not much --
time.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.
*****************************
Save Ohio Libraries!
www.saveohiolibraries.com
Susan Hill Pieper