[OPLINLIST] Budget cuts from a child's eyes

Debra Wittkop DWITTKOP at columbuslibrary.org
Wed Jun 24 15:52:06 EDT 2009

One of our Youth Services assistants just came to me with the most heartwrenching story.

A little girl, about 8 years old, just came up to her and asked, "Why is Governor Strickland closing my library?"  The staff member told her it was mostly because of money and that there just wasn't enough to go around.  This little girl then said, "Well, I have $200 and my brother has $300 that's $500, will that be enough?"

Once again, just proving that OUR CUSTOMERS NEED AND DESERVE OUR LIBRARIES!

Debbie Wittkop
Circulation Services Librarian
Southwest Public Libraries
Grove City Public Library