[OPLINLIST] Taking credit cards: how much work, both implementation and ongoing?

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Fri Mar 6 08:55:07 EST 2009

Can anyone who has started taking credit card payments from patrons tell
me how much of an impact the change had on your clerk-treasurer's office
and on the staff at desks who take the cards?  I understand that it
would be a project to get set up with a merchant account, etc., but I
have very little idea how it would impact staff, especially the
clerk-treasurer's office; what has to be done on a daily or monthly
basis to deal with credit card payments?  Is it a major deal to get
started?  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Btw, we have no plans to take credit cards - I'm just brainstorming.

Phil
--

Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator