[OPLINLIST] [Fwd: Building Ohio's Financial Literacy]

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Fri Mar 13 15:44:51 EDT 2009

[Forwarded on behalf of the Ohio Literacy Network]

Subject: Building Ohio's Financial Literacy
From:    "lisa larson" <lisa.r.larson at gmail.com>
Date:    Fri, March 13, 2009 2:24 pm

*Friends & Colleagues*

Recently, we've become aware that Ohioans from every socio-economic level
are in need of financial literacy education therefore we have begun
collaborating with the Ohio Treasurer of State and the Ohio Commission on
Personal Finance Education to promote Financial Literacy Month and we would
like to request your assistance.

*We invite you to circulate and promote a unique learning opportunity for
Ohio families in the area of financial literacy. *

The Ohio Money Challenge is open to any Ohio family who wants to participate
by generating a solution for Jessica, a fictional character, facing
real-life financial challenges. *Ohio Money Challenge entries must be
received by March 24th, 2009. Participants are eligible to win a $1,000
savings bond.*

This is a great learning exercise that encourages all ages to work together.
Families should come up with creative and practical solutions to
Jessica&#8217;s
financial troubles.

*A flyer and the official entry form for the Ohio Money Challenge are
attached or to register online visit: www.ohioliteracynetwork.org.** *

Winners of the Ohio Money Challenge will be acknowledged at the Ohio
Financial Fitness Fair, the kick-off event to National Financial Literacy
Month. The event will feature financial education seminars and activities
for all ages and is open to the public.

*The Ohio Financial Fitness Fair*

*Saturday, April 4, 2009 from 10:00 to 1:00 p.m. *

*Columbus Downtown High School and Career Center*

*364 S. Fourth Street Columbus, OH 43215*

Please join us in spreading the word about this great family learning
opportunity. There is a very short window to participate, so we ask that you
forward this on today!

Thanks in advance for your support and participation in this challenge.

**
Lisa Larson
Ohio Literacy Network
Special Projects Coordinator